Abamune, Ziagen (Abacavir Sulfate Tablets)
Abamune, Ziagen (Abacavir Sulfate Tablets) is a prescription medicine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of HIV infection in adults and children 3 months of age and older.Cipla Abacavir is an antiviral medicine that prevents human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) from multiplying in your body. This medicine is for adults and children who are at least 3 months old. It is used to treat HIV, the virus that can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). This medicine is not a cure for HIV or AIDS. It works by blocking the function of reverse transcriptase, which inhibits replication of HIV thereby decreasing its level in the blood.. Abamune, Ziagen (Abacavir Sulfate Tablets) is always used in combination with other anti-HIV medicines. Abamune, Ziagen (Abacavir Sulfate Tablets) is a type of anti-HIV medicine called a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI). NRTIs work by blocking HIV reverse transcriptase, an HIV enzyme. This prevents HIV from replicating and lowers the amount of HIV in the blood. Abamune, Ziagen (Abacavir Sulfate Tablets) does not cure HIV/AIDS. It is not known if abacavir reduces the risk of passing HIV to other people.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and just take your next dose at the regular time. Do not take two doses at the same time to make up for a missed dose. If you miss several doses of abacavir, call your health care provider before taking abacavir again.
ABACAVIR COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
sleep problems, strange dreams; headache, tiredness; nausea or vomiting;
changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist); or (in children) stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat, ear pain.
It can cause other serious side effects that may not be signs of an allergic reaction. Call your doctor at once if you have:
- the first sign of any skin rash, no matter how mild; chest pain or pressure, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder;
- severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate; or
- liver problems--nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
- signs of a new infection--fever, night sweats, swollen glands, mouth sores, diarrhea, stomach pain, weight loss;
- chest pain (especially when you breathe), dry cough, wheezing, feeling short of breath;
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: