Viread (Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate Tablets)
Viread (Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate Tablets) is a nucleotide analog hiv-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitor and an hbv reverse transcriptase inhibitor. Viread is indicated in combination with other antiretroviral agents for the treatment of hiv-1 infection in adults and pediatric patients 2 years of age and older. Viread is indicated for the treatment of chronic hepatitis b in adults and pediatric patients 12 years of age and older.
What are the possible side effects of VIREAD?
VIREAD may cause serious side effects, including:
· See “What is the most important information I should know about VIREAD?”
· New or worse kidney problems, including kidney failure, can happen in some people who take VIREAD. Your healthcare provider should do blood tests to check your kidneys before you start treatment with VIREAD. If you have had kidney problems in the past or need to take another medicine that can cause kidney problems, your healthcare provider may need to do blood tests to check your kidneys during your treatment with VIREAD.
· Too much lactic acid in your blood (lactic acidosis), which is a serious but rare medical emergency that can lead to death. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you get these symptoms: weakness or being more tired than usual, unusual muscle pain, being short of breath or fast breathing, stomach pain with nausea and vomiting, cold or blue hands and feet, feel dizzy or lightheaded, or a fast or abnormal heartbeat.
· Severe liver problems, which in rare cases can lead to death. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you get these symptoms: skin or the white part of your eyes turns yellow, dark “tea-colored” urine, light-colored stools, loss of appetite for several days or longer, nausea, or stomach-area pain.
· Bone problems can happen in some people who take VIREAD. Bone problems include bone pain, softening or thinning (which may lead to fractures). Your healthcare provider may need to do additional tests to check your bones.
The most common side effects in all people who take VIREAD are:
In some people with advanced HBV-infection, other common side effects may include:
· sleeping problems
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away. These are not all the possible side effects of VIREAD. For more information, ask your doctor,healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Please see full Prescribing Information including Patient Information with important warnings.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: